On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 10:48:37AM +0100, Jaime E. Villate wrote: >On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 12:49:19AM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote: >> Without sftp, I cannot use arch with my Savannah projects. Two of my >> projects depend on the arch revision system to be practical. >.... >> I request that Savannah upgrade the OpenSSH version from 3.4p1-0.0woody1 >> to 3.6.1p2-4. I hope that will fix the problem. > >The best I have been able to do was to update from 3.4p1-0.0woody1 to >3.4p1-1 > >Upgrading to 3.6.1p2-4 requires upgrading 32 packages, including the C >libraries and that is very risky. It would have to be done by someone who can >at least restart the server if necessary. The risk seems low; I and other Debian developers have been using the current C libraries for a couple weeks now and they are working nicely. >Thanks. >do you already have a username in Savannah and have submitted the public >key for your server? if you don't, please send me the public key and I'll give >you access. I have the username "djw". I have uploaded my ssh version 1 public key. Is there another key I need to upload? >We can schedule a meeting in #savannah at irc.gnu.org. When are you available? I just got called out for an emergency at my organic garden on the other side of town. I should be back within three hours. How about I email you then? I can be reached by email, or at the phone number in the signature of this email. I will leave my client idling in #savannah on irc.gnu.org. I look forward to seeing you there when I get back. >and we'd be very grateful if you could solve the sftp issue which has puzzled >us for quite some time. And I'll be grateful for being given the opportunity :-) Future emails will be to you only; henceforth I'm trimming the Cc list. Cheers! Jonathan -- It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Geek House Productions, Ltd. Providing Unix & Internet Contracting and Consulting, QA Testing, Technical Documentation, Systems Design & Implementation, General Programming, E-commerce, Web & Mail Services since 1998 Phone: 604-435-1205 Email: djw@reactor-core.org Webpage: http://reactor-core.org Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC V5R2W2