all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs and Colors and RedHat
@ 2003-05-02 19:35 William D. Colburn (aka Schlake)
From: William D. Colburn (aka Schlake) @ 2003-05-02 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

At work we are being forced to move from Slackware to Redhat.  Aside
from the fact that backspace and delete stopped working, the biggest
problem for me is that emacs suddenly has all these colors that make it
unsuable.

I have compared lisp file and settings inside emacs from both Slackware
and Redhat, and they both seem identical.  I tried compiling a stock
emacs from the source I used to make my Slackware emacs, and it had
colors under Redhat.

Blue and some kind of purple seem to the favorite color for emacs to
use, and tragically I can't read anything in those colors.  This has
made using the help inside emacs especially painful.  I tried using
xterm-mono as my TERM, but colors still appear.

Does *anyone* know how to turn this off so that I can go back to a
readable screen with emacs?

--
William Colburn, "Sysprog" <wcolburn@nmt.edu>
Computer Center, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology

[parent not found: <mailman.5507.1051904318.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]