all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Not executing .emacs in Windows Emacs
@ 2003-04-21 19:20 Harter, Douglas
From: Harter, Douglas @ 2003-04-21 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am running Emacs on three machines: Sun Solaris Unix 8.0, Windows 2000, & Windows Me. All machines use the same .emacs. Only the Windows Me machine doesn't seem to executing my .emacs. The other machines my customizations work OK.

I lost my hard drive on that machine (I did keep my data, but lost the registry) & had to re-install everything. I tried running addpm.exe again, but it just seemed to hang.

Any suggestions?

Sustainability for PA - It's in Our Hands
http://www.dep.state.pa.us/earthdaycentral/03/

* Re: Not executing .emacs in Windows Emacs
@ 2003-04-21 20:15 ` Niels Freimann
From: Niels Freimann @ 2003-04-21 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Did you set the %HOME% environment variable correctly?

       [not found] <mailman.5027.1050952894.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-04-23 15:24 ` kgold
From: kgold @ 2003-04-23 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since you lost your registry, perhaps HOME is not set.  Try visiting
~/.emacs and see if your file comes up.

Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646