all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Mail in Emacs
@ 2003-03-05 14:12 Johan van der Walt
From: Johan van der Walt @ 2003-03-05 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to get into using emacs to send and read e-mail but find
it difficult to handle attachments. Is there somewhere a simple and
clear description of how to handle attachments? For both emacs and
xemacs.

Perhaps a very simple question for many of you.

Thanks

Johan

* Re: Mail in Emacs
@ 2003-03-05 14:19 ` Phillip Lord
       [not found]   ` <p.lord@russet.org.uk>
From: Phillip Lord @ 2003-03-05 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Johan> I am trying to get into using emacs to send and read e-mail
  Johan> but find it difficult to handle attachments. Is there
  Johan> somewhere a simple and clear description of how to handle
  Johan> attachments? For both emacs and xemacs.

  Johan> Perhaps a very simple question for many of you.

As you might expect there are several ways of doing this, and it
depends which email client you are using.

VM, and Gnus both handle attachments out of the box, as far as I know,
so it should be fairly obvious. RMAIL does not. I use the "etach"
package to do this, which is fairly minimal but does the job. google
should provide a URL....

Cheers

Phil

* Re: Mail in Emacs
@ 2003-03-05 14:23   ` Bastien Guerry
       [not found]   ` <p.lord@russet.org.uk>
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2003-03-05 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Phillip Lord <p.lord@russet.org.uk> writes:

> VM, and Gnus both handle attachments out of the box, as far as I know,
> so it should be fairly obvious.

C-c C-a for most of these packages (including Mew)

regards,

--
Bastien

* Re: Mail in Emacs
       [not found]   ` <p.lord@russet.org.uk>
@ 2003-04-01  2:22     ` Peter S Galbraith
From: Peter S Galbraith @ 2003-04-01  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

As does MH-E.  See http://mh-e.sourceforge.net/

--
Peter S. Galbraith, MH-E developer  <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net>
GPG key 1024/D2A913A1 - 97CE 866F F579 96EE  6E68 8170 35FF 799E