all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ? annotation mode - if exist
@ 2003-03-03 14:03 Francesco Scaglioni
From: Francesco Scaglioni @ 2003-03-03 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

I would like to be able to annotate text files in such a way
that:

1] the original file can still be printed out without the
annotations being visible or their references visible

2] the original file could be printed /with/ the annotations with
visible reference points

3] the annotations can be printed out separately from the
original file.

Thanks for any suggestions

Francesco

* Re: ? annotation mode - if exist
       [not found] <mailman.2684.1046700214.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-03-03 14:57 ` Sven Utcke
From: Sven Utcke @ 2003-03-03 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Francesco Scaglioni <fgs@epulse.net> writes:

> I would like to be able to annotate text files in such a way
> that:
>
> 1] the original file can still be printed out without the
> annotations being visible or their references visible

Hmm.  If I print it, it's LaTeX, and then all bets are (unfortunately)
off...

> 2] the original file could be printed /with/ the annotations with
> visible reference points
>
> 3] the annotations can be printed out separately from the
> original file.

the manued system might meet your needs:

http://www.archi.is.tohoku.ac.jp/~yamauchi/otherprojects/manued/index.shtml

Sven
--
 _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
          |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html

* Re: ? annotation mode - if exist
@ 2003-03-03 16:16   ` Francesco Scaglioni
From: Francesco Scaglioni @ 2003-03-03 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Sven Utcke <utcke+news@informatik.uni-hamburg.de>
Subject: Re: ? annotation mode - if exist
Date: 03 Mar 2003 15:57:06 +0100

> Francesco Scaglioni <fgs@epulse.net> writes:
>
> > I would like to be able to annotate text files in such a way
> > that:
> >
> > 1] the original file can still be printed out without the
> > annotations being visible or their references visible
>
> Hmm.  If I print it, it's LaTeX, and then all bets are (unfortunately)
> off...
>
> > 2] the original file could be printed /with/ the annotations with
> > visible reference points
> >
> > 3] the annotations can be printed out separately from the
> > original file.
>
> the manued system might meet your needs:
>
> http://www.archi.is.tohoku.ac.jp/~yamauchi/otherprojects/manued/index.shtml
>
> Sven

Looks good - thanks