all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* turning off the fringe.
@ 2003-02-25  4:39 ali rahimi
From: ali rahimi @ 2003-02-25  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello. I just installed emacs21 after some goading from people who like to
use fancier things than i like to use. The problem with a lot of fancy
is that they cost a lot money.

I run two emacs frames side by side, taking up my entire screen. I paid
about $1200 for my monitor (one of the fancier things in my office). It's
1280 pixels wide. After a quick back-of-the envelope calculation, I think
that these new fancy fringes are taking up a total of 52 pixels, which is
costing me about $50 in screen real estate every time i run emacs.

Being excessively penurious, I have to ask:

	How can I please turn off the fringes, but maybe turn them back
        on during gud mode?

Thank you,

 Ali.

[parent not found: <mailman.2358.1046148021.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]