all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: gtk-emacs won't raise frame
       [not found] <m2u1fh2fe8.fsf@primate.xs4all.nl>
@ 2003-02-07 16:39 ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-02-07 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

huug wrote:
> CVS snapshot dd. feb 5 14:38
>
> configure with gtk (gtk+2.0-2.2.1-1mdk): C-x o'ed frame stays behind
> overlapping ones.
>
> configure with motif (lesstif-0.93.36-2mdk): C-x o works as
> documented.

I fixed that now (assuming you mean C-x 5 o).  Nice with a change that gets to
remove code :-)

	Jan D.

* Re: gtk-emacs won't raise frame
       [not found] <m2smuzr2id.fsf@primate.xs4all.nl>
@ 2003-02-08 11:21 ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-02-08 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Um, yes, C-x 5 o it is.  Thanks, I checked it out and C-x 5 o now
> switches between the frames in both the gtk and lt versions.  But now
> there's a new anoyance: the frame gets lowered on all kinds of input
> events, which is most easily demonstrated by selecting a menu from the
> menubar when Emacs' frame covers another (I use Emacs and Galeon on
> the main workspace of WindowMaker), leaving the menu like it was a
> popup of the other apps frame.

I can not see this on any window manager.  I do not have Galeon though.
Does this really happen if you run emacs -q --no-site-file?

> Tearing of the toolbar (gtk version only) isn't quite usable yet, as
> its roll-off menus don't readjust themselfs at screen edges. Drag the
> bar to the bottom of the screen and click on the '?' button: only the
> upper edge of the menu is visable.
>

> Last for now, I use a custom other-frame function:
> which can deiconify a frame with emacs-lesstif, but not with
> emacs-gtk?  What gives?

I fixed that.

	Jan D.