all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* cyrillic-jcuken input method error
@ 2003-02-03 15:15 Alex Ott
From: Alex Ott @ 2003-02-03 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all

I compile last version of Emacs from CVS and found, that if i select
Cyrillic-KOI8 environment it try to use cyrillic-jcuken input method, but
not find it. Apropos for cyrillic methods say me, that cyrillic-jcuken was
renamed to cyrillic-jis-russian.

i think, that cyrillic-jis-russian must be default input method for
Cyrillic-KOI8 environment.

--
With best wishes, Alex Ott
					Jet Infosystems

* Re: cyrillic-jcuken input method error
@ 2003-02-07  1:20 ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2003-02-07  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

In article <ht2fzr54cpw.fsf@seal.service.jet.msk.su>, Alex Ott <ott@jet.msk.su> writes:
> I compile last version of Emacs from CVS and found, that if i select
> Cyrillic-KOI8 environment it try to use cyrillic-jcuken input method, but
> not find it. Apropos for cyrillic methods say me, that cyrillic-jcuken was
> renamed to cyrillic-jis-russian.

Ah, no, cyrillic-jcuken was renamed to russian-typewritter.
Please see the comments in leim/quail/cyrillic.el.

> i think, that cyrillic-jis-russian must be default input method for
> Cyrillic-KOI8 environment.

I don't think cyrillic-jis-russian is useful in KOI8
environment because cyrillic-jis-russian produces JISX0208
characters (Japanese charset).

I've just fixed leim/quail/cyrillic.el as below to recover
the original behaviour.  Please update your working
directory.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
handa@m17n.org

2003-02-07  Kenichi Handa  <handa@m17n.org>

	* quail/cyrillic.el: Update quail-package-alist (not
	input-method-alist) to make "cyrillic-jcuken" an alias of
	"russian-typewriter".  Add cookie for quail-update-leim-list-file.