all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Bug? Won't eval an 'if' sexp?
@ 2003-01-26  8:23 Hacksaw
From: Hacksaw @ 2003-01-26  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I added this to my .emacs under version 20.7:

(if (eq (user-uid) 0)
	(message "You're uid 0, no desktop")
	(lambda ()
	  (message "setting up desktop")
	  (custom-set-variables
	   '(desktop-enable t nil (desktop)))
	  (desktop-load-default)
	  (desktop-read)
	 )
)

It worked just fine. Under 21.2 it's not evaluated correctly. Doing a eval lst
sexp, it returns the lamda, I guess implying that it's not evaluating it?

[What I see in the *Message* buffer]

(lambda nil (message "setting up desktop") (custom-set-variables (quote
(desktop-enable t nil ...))) (desktop-load-default) (desktop-read))

Anyone know what's up?
--
Life is too short to take on the unnecessary.
http://www.hacksaw.org -- http://www.privatecircus.com -- KB1FVD

[parent not found: <mailman.1000.1043569455.21513.bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]