all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* macintosh OSX emacs:  copy/paste
@ 2003-01-24 16:03 Greg Trafton
From: Greg Trafton @ 2003-01-24 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, All.  I'm using emacs on a macintosh running OS 10.2.3.  one
problem I have is that when I want to copy something from a mac
application (like mozilla or word) into emacs, I copy it to the
clipboard, but apple-v / paste does not work.  (the reverse is true
also: I can't copy stuff from emacs into a separate document or
application) instead, the apple key seems to be a control key, so
emacs is essentially not using the macintosh copy/paste properly.

when I was running (x)emacs on a linux box, I had a 3 button mouse
and could copy/paste with selection/second mouse key.  If this is the
preferred method of dealing with this problem i can get a 3 button
mouse ;-)

A second thing I would like to know how to do is in Oort Gnus v0.12,
drag and drop an attachment into a mac folder.  I'll post in the gnus
newsgroup a bit later about this if no one in this group knows how to
do this.

here is the emacs-version info:
GNU Emacs 21.3.50.4 (powerpc-apple-darwin6.3) of 2002-12-21 on
cabledoc126.frazmtn.com

thanks in advance!
greg