Kai Großjohann wrote: > Benjamin Riefenstahl writes: > > > Yes, if I were a debian user, I would do that. If they have reason to > > provide an alternative, incompatible program for installing info > > files, they should use a different name for it. > > Well, Debian was there first. So actually, GNU should have used > another name. > > I guess the best we can hope for is for the two implementations to > provide similar features, so that they can be used interchangeably. > My current pet peeve with the Debian version is that it doesn't > create dir files automatically. Anyone care to ask them to add that > feature? > > It's difficult to convince the Debian maintainers that there is > another info directory besides /usr/share/info, and that the whole > world does not consist of Debian packages. There's an old bug report here about compatibility here: http://bugs.debian.org/67237 Perhaps providing a patch would help things along. Peter