all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* (standard-syntax-table) segfault on FreeBSD
@ 2003-01-13 21:07 Mirian Crzig Lennox
From: Mirian Crzig Lennox @ 2003-01-13 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone else seen this?

I am running a stock emacs-21.2 on FreeBSD.  When I evaluate

	(standard-syntax-table)

in the *scratch* buffer, Emacs will print it but crashes with a signal
11 almost immediately afterwards.  Giving the -q option to avoid
reading my .emacs file has no effect on the problem.

This problem seems to be peculiar to FreeBSD.  When I try the same
thing on the same source version of Emacs running on Debian GNU/Linux,
I do not see this crash.

--Mirian