all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs lock files
@ 2002-09-24  8:04 Simone Magri
From: Simone Magri @ 2002-09-24  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I process my  mail into different folders  via procmail.  To make this
work  properly I need  to know  where emacs puts  its lockfile  for an
edited file/folder that already exists.

With emacs  v19.30.1  I can easily,   with an strace, track  where the
lockfile was created.

With emacs v20.7.2 I can't locate any lockfile with an strace.

Can  anyone shed some light  on this problem  given that I want to use
emacs v20.7.2?

PS please reply directly to  me and not just  the list as  I am not on
this list.

--
Regards,
Simone Magri