all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs lock files
@ 2002-09-24  8:04 Simone Magri
From: Simone Magri @ 2002-09-24  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I process my  mail into different folders  via procmail.  To make this
work  properly I need  to know  where emacs puts  its lockfile  for an
edited file/folder that already exists.

With emacs  v19.30.1  I can easily,   with an strace, track  where the
lockfile was created.

With emacs v20.7.2 I can't locate any lockfile with an strace.

Can  anyone shed some light  on this problem  given that I want to use
emacs v20.7.2?

PS please reply directly to  me and not just  the list as  I am not on
this list.

--
Regards,
Simone Magri

email: smagri@atnf.csiro.au
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/~smagri

* Re: emacs lock files
       [not found] <mailman.1032854729.25726.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-09-24 11:14 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-09-24 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simone Magri <smagri@atnf.CSIRO.AU> writes:

> I process my  mail into different folders  via procmail.  To make this
> work  properly I need  to know  where emacs puts  its lockfile  for an
> edited file/folder that already exists.

The lockfile is now placed in the same directory as the file itself.

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)

* Re: emacs lock files
@ 2002-09-26  4:29   ` Simone Magri
From: Simone Magri @ 2002-09-26  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

The lockfile protocol  in emacs v20.7.2 seems specific   to emacs.  Is
there   anyway  to turn  on  the   old, emacs v19.30.1,   more generic
behaviour.  So that emacs lockfiles can work with procmail.