all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* microsoft and emacs control and escape sequences
@ 2002-08-28 12:46 diboru
From: diboru @ 2002-08-28 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: diboru

Hi all you happy unix users,

after using unix and emacs for about 15 years I finally find myself
sitting in front of a Windows-XP system beeing most fascinated by all the
interesting effects my unconscious use of emacs control and escape
sequences is creating  :(  !!!

Is there any help (I am currently thinking about switching to the handwriting
input method in order to fasten up at least a bit, but...) ???!?

I am already using Meadow (Mule / Multi Language Enhanced Emacs
for Windows) and cygwin (a bash shell for windows) but there are still
all those other programs....

Thanks a lot (never giving up hope) - Dietrich

--
freenet Email-Office:
E-Mail, Kalender und 30 MB virtuelle Festplatte.

* microsoft and emacs control and escape sequences
@ 2002-09-07 10:09 diboru
From: diboru @ 2002-09-07 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi - I send this message already some time ago and wondert
that there was no response at all.... than finally, after looking in the
archive, I saw that it was not readable....

In short I wanted to know, if it is possible to customize
Microsoft XP in a way, that it understands Emacs control and
escape sequences like

   C-a		beginning-of-line
   C-b		backward-char
   C-e		end-of-line
   C-f		 forward-char

and  so on.....

Here my original message:

Hi all you happy unix users,

after using unix and emacs for about 15 years I finally find myself
sitting in front of a Windows-XP system beeing most fascinated by all the
interesting effects my unconscious use of emacs control and escape
sequences is creating   [:(] !!!

Is there any help (I am currently thinking about switching to the handwriting
input method in order to fasten up at least a bit, but...) ???!?

I am already using Meadow (Mule / Multi Language Enhanced Emacs
for Windows) and cygwin (a bash shell for windows) but there are still
all those other programs....

Thanks a lot (never giving up hope) - Dietrich

--
SMS zu teuer? 50 SMS aus dem E-Mail Office versenden - und  das Monat fuer Monat!
Dazu gibt es noch 100 MB Speicherplatz fuer die Mailbox, 700 MB virtuelle Festplatte