all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how turn off menu in new emacs version at top?
@ 2002-08-25 20:36 seberino
From: seberino @ 2002-08-25 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

My old Emacs version in Slackware 8.0 Linux had the
menu turned off with this command in .emacs:

(menu-bar-mode nil)

Now my upgraded Linux has a newer Emacs with
a menu at the top composed of just pictures
of printers, question marks, folders, etc.....

How come (menu-bar-mode nil) doesn't kill that
and how kill it then now?

Thanks,

Chris

--
_______________________________________

Dr. Christian Seberino
SPAWAR Systems Center San Diego
Code 2363
53560 Hull Street
San Diego, CA 92152-5001
U.S.A.

Phone: (619) 553-7940
Fax:   (619) 553-2836
Email: seberino@spawar.navy.mil

* Re: how turn off menu in new emacs version at top?
@ 2002-08-26  2:10 ` J. E. Lewis
From: J. E. Lewis @ 2002-08-26  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)