all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Memory exhausted--use M-x save-some-buffers
@ 2002-07-08 22:41 Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2002-07-08 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

it says:
Memory exhausted--use M-x save-some-buffers RET
ok, i do it and then it tells me how i could have typed it simpler.
oh what a feeling.

why not mention C-x s on the same line too.  or perhaps it doesn't
work in this situation.

The user also wonders if his emacs is now all bloated out of shape and
ought to be restarted.

This happended because i pasted a 100 xclip selection.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780

* Re: Memory exhausted--use M-x save-some-buffers
@ 2002-07-09 18:51 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-07-09 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gnu-emacs-bug

    why not mention C-x s on the same line too.

The argument for `signal' is precomputed--I forget why, but I think
this was needed to prevent some kinds of problems in signaling the error.

Anyway, I arranged to precompute this string based on the proper
key bindings, so it will normally say C-x s.