all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/emacs@RUM.cs.yale.edu>
Cc: "'Emacs Developers'" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: FW: repeat delay for (lesstif) toolkit scrollbar arrows
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:36:56 -0400	[thread overview]

> I didn't get any respsonses to this---does that mean Emacs doesn't
> support it and noone knows how to make it support it?  Ta, Simon.

I think that indeed means that Emacs does not support it.
As for whether someone knows how to make it support it... well I don't.
How do other Motif applications behave?
AFAIU, Emacs does not use Motif's toplevel loop so it uses a
timer interrupt to poll for repeat-events instead, which might lead
to some problems, but then again maybe it's just the normal Motif
behavior and maybe you can change it via Xresources.

	Stefan