all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* font-lock-make-faces
@ 2002-05-10 13:42 Daniel Martins
       [not found] ` <dmartins@das.ufsc.br>
From: Daniel Martins @ 2002-05-10 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: dmartins

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English, because the Emacs maintainers do not have
translators to read other languages for them.

and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

In GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-debian-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2002-03-22 on raven, modified by Debian
configured using `configure  i386-debian-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=athena --without-gif'
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE:
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: english
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

I am trying to use font-lock-mode on a latex file but the system
replies me that the function font-lock-make-faces is void and the my
file tese.tex appears withou faces

When I use the same configuration with emacs 20.7 I dont have the same
problem.

Furthermore when I use emacs21 on console I still dont have the same
problem.

Recent input:
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x v m <backspace>

Recent messages:
Reading directory /home/daniel/...done
File mode specification error: (void-function font-lock-make-faces)
Making completion list...
Making completion list... [2 times]

* Re: font-lock-make-faces
       [not found] ` <dmartins@das.ufsc.br>
@ 2002-05-10 17:26   ` Peter S Galbraith
From: Peter S Galbraith @ 2002-05-10 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

> I am trying to use font-lock-mode on a latex file but the system
> replies me that the function font-lock-make-faces is void and the my
> file tese.tex appears withou faces

> File mode specification error: (void-function font-lock-make-faces)

This isn't an Emacs21 bug.

Please update your version of font-latex.el by updating your version of
AUC-TeX.

Peter

* Re: font-lock-make-faces
@ 2002-05-10 21:20     ` Daniel Martins
From: Daniel Martins @ 2002-05-10 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Daniel Martins, bug-gnu-emacs

Sorry,

but I still feel that the problem is somehow related to Emacs 21

I am trying with my old .emacs in Emacs 20 with no problem at all and
the same with Emacs 21 on console and there appears no problem also.

Strangely it appears that emacs21 do not read all my .emacs at
startup. When I try

M-x load-file .emacs

Some of the features I requested appear but others not, like for
instance my default fonts and the global-font-lock-mode .

When I byte-compile my .emacs I have no errors but sometimes I cannot
access bbdb: it complains that bbdb-insinuate-vm is void and sometimes
the system does not recognize that my latex files are really latex
files.

I use emacs for about 7 years and this is the first time I am giving
up to understand what is happening.

Just in case I reinstalled auctex and nothing changed

Daniel

    >> I am trying to use font-lock-mode on a latex file but the
    >> system replies me that the function font-lock-make-faces is
    >> void and the my file tese.tex appears withou faces

    >> (source)...done File mode specification error: (void-function
    >> font-lock-make-faces)

    Peter> This isn't an Emacs21 bug.

    Peter> Please update your version of font-latex.el by updating
    Peter> your version of AUC-TeX.

    Peter> Peter

* Re: font-lock-make-faces
       [not found] ` <dmartins@das.ufsc.br>
@ 2002-05-13 13:23   ` Peter S Galbraith
From: Peter S Galbraith @ 2002-05-13 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

> Sorry,
>
> but I still feel that the problem is somehow related to Emacs 21

You may have other problems, but the one you posted is _not_ related to
emacs21:

>> File mode specification error: (void-function font-lock-make-faces)

The above message is pretty clear.

> Just in case I reinstalled auctex and nothing changed

Which version of auctex?

Which version of font-latex.el?  My latest version is 0.800 (01 Nov 2001)
available at http://people.debian.org/~psg/elisp/index.html

Peter