all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: cygwin-mount.el (Was Re: Using GDB in NTEMACS)
@ 2002-02-23  9:57 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2002-02-23  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> From: letters@hotpop.com (Jari Aalto+mail.emacs)
> Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 11:29:27 +0200
>
> all Windows users continue complaining why Emacs does not help them
> to use Cygwin environment more easily.

They should complain to Cygwin developers.

I asked before, and I'll ask again: did someone try to talk to the
Cygwin developers about this issue?  Did someone ask them what do
they think about supporting Windows file names better, and if so,
what did they reply?

It strikes me that an important party to this discussion is strangely
absent.