all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs 21.1 on MacOS X / Printing Problems
@ 2002-06-05 17:12 Toowanda
From: Toowanda @ 2002-06-05 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to print files out of Emacs on MacOS X. Emacs says they are
spooled but nothing happens. Does anybody have a hint for me?
Thanks, Toowanda

* Re: Emacs 21.1 on MacOS X / Printing Problems
@ 2002-06-05 20:46 ` Viktor Haag
From: Viktor Haag @ 2002-06-05 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

toowanda@gmx.net (Toowanda) writes:

> I'm trying to print files out of Emacs on MacOS X. Emacs says
> they are spooled but nothing happens. Does anybody have a hint
> for me?  Thanks, Toowanda

Do you have a local lpd spool set up in /etc/printcap, like this:

> # remote printer entry.
>
> hp8100lpr:\
> 	:lp=:rm=hyperion.swlab.rim.net:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hp8100lpr:\
>	:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

As far as I can tell, you need an entry for the printer in
/etc/printcap as well as a printer entry in the NetInfo database.

There's detailed steps on the web somewhere about setting up such
a local lpd spool, but I don't seem to have bookmarked the
location.

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+