all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* rexx-mode.el -- (almost) disappeared
@ 2010-02-20  1:52 Rugxulo
From: Rugxulo @ 2010-02-20  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hey guys,
   I'm fairly new to Rexx, but at the same time, I'm finding out that
GNU Emacs doesn't have rexx-mode by default. (Why?) And now the
original site (by James Perrin) is gone, so I have to resort to
WayBack.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080118083420/http://www.sve.man.ac.uk/General/Staff/perrin/rexx.html

Someone wish to archive this better or include it?

* Re: rexx-mode.el -- (almost) disappeared
@ 2010-02-20  2:56 ` smc
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1532.1266652771.14305.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: smc @ 2010-02-20  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Rugxulo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

2010/2/20 Rugxulo <rugxulo@gmail.com>

> Hey guys,
>   I'm fairly new to Rexx, but at the same time, I'm finding out that
> GNU Emacs doesn't have rexx-mode by default. (Why?) And now the
> original site (by James Perrin) is gone, so I have to resort to
> WayBack.
>

> http://web.archive.org/web/20080118083420/http://www.sve.man.ac.uk/General/Staff/perrin/rexx.html
>
> Someone wish to archive this better or include it?

Ok, I can do it.

--
Suso
http://gnu.manticore.es

* Re: rexx-mode.el -- (almost) disappeared
@ 2010-02-20  7:59   ` smc
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1532.1266652771.14305.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: smc @ 2010-02-20  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Rugxulo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Please visit the new "hosting" for a Rexx-mode home page mirror.

In English:
http://gnu.manticore.es/paginas-replica/rexx/rexx.html

In Spanish:
http://gnu.manticore.es/paginas-replica/rexx/rexx.es.html

If you know about other Emacs packages whose web pages are
abbandoned, I can host them as well.

Regards

--
Suso
http://gnu.manticore.es

@ 2010-02-22 17:44     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-02-22 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 07:59:24 +0000 smc <smc@manticore.es> wrote:

s> Please visit the new "hosting" for a Rexx-mode home page mirror.
s> In English:
s> http://gnu.manticore.es/paginas-replica/rexx/rexx.html

s> In Spanish:
s> http://gnu.manticore.es/paginas-replica/rexx/rexx.es.html

s> If you know about other Emacs packages whose web pages are
s> abbandoned, I can host them as well.

You can talk to the ELPA (package.el) maintainers to get rexx-mode.el in
there.  That way users can just do `M-x package-install' and select it
from the list; you don't have to host the actual source code.  The web
page can be referenced in the source code, of course, for those users
who find it through `M-x package-list-packages'.

Ted