I want to save the memory state for layout-restore.el, and this happens to be in the layout-configuration-alist variable. That's all, actually. On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Lennart Borgman wrote: > On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa > wrote: > > > > Well, you are absolutely right -- actually, the only thing that interests > me > > is saving and restoring the value of "layout-configuration-alist", so I > can > > have my buffer-indexed window layouts persisted. > > > > How could I go and write a serialization/deserialization function pair? > And > > where would I integrate it? > > > Is something like winsav.el in nXhtml what you want? If not, could you > please explain what you are missing there? >