On 9/17/2023 2:22 PM, João Távora wrote: > On Sun, Sep 17, 2023 at 5:42 AM Jim Porter wrote: > >> Personally, I think it'd be better for the "echo" faces for Flymake >> notes to just inherit from 'compilation-info'. They have almost >> identical uses as far as I can tell, and then things would look more > > To better understand what you mean, can you post two screenshots -- with > and without your proposed change -- of what the default theme would look > like in a simple file with some Flymake overlays? Sure, here are screenshots of Flymake under 29, 30, and 30 plus my patch. In particular, pay close attention to the mode-line colors. It took me a few seconds of close inspection to see the green underline for the note counter in the mode-line. > Also, a patch showing exactly the change you propose would be useful. And > keep in mind one can define a face to inherit from two faces (AFAIK). And here's also a patch. (Not for the renaming of note->info, but that's straightforward enough to imagine, I hope.)