all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* shortcut for ediff on 2 buffers in frame
@ 2008-06-09 14:26 George Nurser
From: George Nurser @ 2008-06-09 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,
I often wish to do an ediff to compare two buffers, each occupying a
different window, but on the same frame.

How would I set up a keyboard shortcut to do this, so I do not have to
go through the menu?

George Nurser.

* Re: shortcut for ediff on 2 buffers in frame
       [not found] <mailman.12936.1213021571.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-06-09 14:37 ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2008-06-09 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi George,

> I often wish to do an ediff to compare two buffers, each
> occupying a different window, but on the same frame.
>
> How would I set up a keyboard shortcut to do this, so I do not
> have to go through the menu?

Place this in your `.emacs' file:

    (global-set-key [(control c) (d)] 'ediff-buffers)

The key binding (here: C-c d) could be something else...

Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: shortcut for ediff on 2 buffers in frame
@ 2008-06-09 21:52   ` George Nurser
From: George Nurser @ 2008-06-09 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban, help-gnu-emacs

2008/6/9 Sébastien Vauban <zthjwsqqafhv@spammotel.com>:
> Hi George,
>
>> I often wish to do an ediff to compare two buffers, each
>> occupying a different window, but on the same frame.
>>
>> How would I set up a keyboard shortcut to do this, so I do not
>> have to go through the menu?
>
> Place this in your `.emacs' file:
>
>    (global-set-key [(control c) (d)] 'ediff-buffers)
>
> The key binding (here: C-c d) could be something else...
>
> Seb
>
> --
> Sébastien Vauban

Thanks Seb,