all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* using compil.el's next-error
@ 2004-10-26 11:54 Barney Dalton
From: Barney Dalton @ 2004-10-26 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm fiddling about with next-error to try and do some processing on
the set of files returned in a grep buffer. I made the assumption that
after next-error has finished that the buffer with the error in would
be selected. However the lisp code below prints the original buffer's
name and not the one with the error in.

(defun tester ()
  (interactive)
  (next-error 1)
  (message "%s" (buffer-name (current-buffer))))

How do I rewrite this so that I can perform operations on the buffer
with the error in it?

Thanks
Barney

p.s I'm running GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) of
2004-07-09 on FARIBA

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-10-26 11:54 UTC | newest]