On 6/23/2024 4:24 PM, Stefan Kangas wrote: > epg@pretzelnet.org writes: > >> To reproduce: >> - emacs -Q >> - M-x eww RET gnu.org RET C-x C-+ >> >> Expected: >> Text is scaled up without error. >> >> Actual: >> Text is scaled up, but with an error: >> >> run-hooks: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, default > > I can reproduce this bug. Copying in Po Lu. I was just looking at image scaling in an unrelated bug, so I had already swapped in all the necessary mental context for this. Here's a patch. The second part fixes a closely-related issue: the scaling didn't work for sliced images (you can get a sliced image by zooming it: put point on the image and press "z"). Fixing that required fixing a bug in 'get-display-property': it only returned the CAR of the display property value. To maintain backwards compatibility, I changed it so that it still returns the CAR if there's only one element, but it now returns the whole list if there are multiple elements. I don't love this, and maybe we should always return a list, but I'll leave that decision to others (for what it's worth, 'get-display-property' is new in Emacs 29, so there hopefully aren't too many uses of it out in the wild yet). I think the first patch is definitely worth merging to Emacs 30, but the second I'm neutral on. Maybe we should fix 'get-display-property' now?