all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* change look of font courier prime
@ 2013-07-20  1:07 wee.jud
       [not found] ` <mailman.1455.1374310526.12400.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: wee.jud @ 2013-07-20  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I am using emacs 24.3.4, there is a problem to use the font courier prime, however it works well in the vim editor.

the appearance likes https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddhf970vtt3hwcw/Selection_001.png.

Besides another problem is that the background is missing when compiled with gtk3, please look https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvplarnncm1swbg/Selection_002.png?m
only the words has background.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Julius

* Re: change look of font courier prime
@ 2013-07-20  8:55 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.1455.1374310526.12400.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2013-07-20  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: wee.jud; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 20.07.2013 um 03:07 schrieb wee.jud@gmail.com:

> I am using emacs 24.3.4, there is a problem to use the font courier prime, however it works well in the vim editor.

Are you using vim as X client or in some terminal emulation?

> the appearance likes https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddhf970vtt3hwcw/Selection_001.png.

Some more fonts seem to be problematic… My observation is that the number of these fonts was decimated. Is your "courier prime" font using full width characters? Is your system not providing another Courier font?

--
Greetings
                                 <]

@ 2013-07-20 11:43   ` julius yu
From: julius yu @ 2013-07-20 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I tested with gvim. I did not have another courier, however it does not resolve the problem when I try to use the standard courier font. The courier prime is a free font located at http://quoteunquoteapps.com/courierprime/.

Please help how to detect whether the font is using the full width characters?

Thanks

Julius

@ 2013-07-20 12:40     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2013-07-20 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: julius yu; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs Help

Am 20.07.2013 um 13:43 schrieb julius yu:

> he courier prime is a free font located at http://quoteunquoteapps.com/courierprime/.
>
> Please help how to detect whether the font is using the full width characters?

It does not seem to have full width characters, but it is certainly not OK. At least not with an X client like GNU Emacs. My invocation was:

	emacs -Q -fn "Courier Prime"

Trying the font with the NS and "AppKit" variants of GNU Emacs on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) revealed that the fonts are OK for these two Emacsen (version 24.3).

There are more monospaced fonts: DejaVu Sans Mono, FreeMono, Monospace, Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, Latin Modern Mono, Libertine Mono…

--
Greetings

  Pete

To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists solutions
are things that are still all mixed up.