all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [OT] inundated by Swen / Gibe emails
@ 2003-09-23 21:23 Adam Hardy
From: Adam Hardy @ 2003-09-23 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

is anybody else on the list getting swamped by the result of the latest
wave of these avalanche-email windows viruses?

I wasn't affected by Sobig or MSSplat or whatever it was, but this time
I am receiving hundreds of emails a day on this account, since Friday.

It is drowning out the emacs list traffic by a factor of 10 to 1!

Curiously it is only this email address, and not my other ones which are
being affected. OK, I've had one or two on the other accounts, but
that's it.

I am wondering why, because I thought I could just delete this email
address and subscribe on another one, it's just this list that I use the
address for. But will it help? Any ideas?

If I don't reply again, it's because I missed the mail amongst all the
Swen crap.

Yours thro the spam,

Adam

--