all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Filtering files in dired while invoking
@ 2010-08-30 19:26 suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2010-08-30 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was trying to filter the files listed in a dired buffer. Filtering
with one shell glob works fine, but how do I pass multiple shell globs
to dired?

What I 'm looking for is to list files as they would be listed by,

$ ls -l *.C *.h *.cxx

I couldn't find any reference to this in the info manual. But the
docstring for dired says this,

      (dired DIRNAME &optional SWITCHES)

      If DIRNAME is a cons, its first element is
      taken as the directory name and the rest as an explicit list of
      files to make directory entries for.

How can I achieve that? Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Suvayu

[parent not found: <AANLkTi=3DFkTuuj8U358Sr6_tHUsEK+6yCPoHB32nL6bK_@mail.gmail.com>]