5 aug. 2019 kl. 00.57 skrev Paul Eggert : > >> relint blindly assumes default values of global variables. What about adding a `delete-dups' to make it shut up? > > That would slow down and complicate the source a bit. Maybe just add the glitch to the delinter's exception list, if any. There isn't one and I had hoped not having to add such a mechanism. Partly because it is a cop-out, and partly because it, too, would litter the source with alien comments like ;; relint: skip-set-duplicate the kind of which, in my experience, tend to linger far beyond their usefulness and mystify innocent readers of the code. (Sticking the suppressions in a separate .relint-exceptions file is not a better solution.) What about the fairly lightweight attached patch? It's about as cheap as can be, while keeping it readable. > Oh, thanks, I see the point now. I installed the attached. Good, thank you. I especially like how you removed the "FIXME: replace it with something shorter" comment, since you did, in effect, do just that!