Eli Zaretskii writes: > A reproducible test case, preferably starting with "emacs -Q", would > be greatly appreciated. > Note that both the crash and the bug (mentioned further below) were not reproducible on a virtual Windows XP. To reproduce this crash: 1. Open attached test case with: emacs -Q --eval "(setq-default bidi-display-reordering t)" wrap_crash.org It should open in org-mode by default. 2. Emacs _sometimes_ would render it like this: * First... ...Second * If not, repeat step one until it does, or use something similar to the command I provided in my last message, etc. 3. Once you see the above, do: M-x visual-line-mode [ENTER] C-n C-n > > It seems that Emacs _sometimes_ renders the above example in org-mode > > as, > > > > * First... > > * Second > > > > While in other invocations the same file is rendered as: > > > > * First... > > Second * > > Sorry, I don't understand. Your original example included a line in > ARABIC and an empty line, in addition to "First" and "second" lines. > Are we talking about a different example now? No, it's the same example just viewed using org-mode (which considers lines that start with `*' as headers, and does some folding). > For the example you show now: > > * First > * Second > > the correct rendering is what you'd expect: > > * First > * Second Would this apply to org-mode wrt to the attached testcase? As a side bug, if you position cursor on "* First" in the testcase then press [TAB] you will see that "* Second" gets deformed to: d *... Testcase and backtrace attached. Thanks.