all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* i give up, what's the EMACS icon supposed to be?
@ 2002-10-02 19:13 wahzoo
From: wahzoo @ 2002-10-02 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been running GNU EMACS for years now on Windows.
Does anyone know what the EMACS icon is a picture of?

On my machine it looks like a stainless steel ring with
the profile of an open book laid on top. (?)  (I've run
past versions where the icon is a kitchen sink.)

WtF is it?

--wahzoo

* Re: i give up, what's the EMACS icon supposed to be?
@ 2002-10-02 22:09 ` Richard V. Molen
From: Richard V. Molen @ 2002-10-02 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

cantreallysay@hotmail.com (wahzoo) writes:

> I've been running GNU EMACS for years now on Windows.
> Does anyone know what the EMACS icon is a picture of?
>
> On my machine it looks like a stainless steel ring with
> the profile of an open book laid on top. (?)  (I've run
> past versions where the icon is a kitchen sink.)
>
> WtF is it?
>
> --wahzoo

Wow, you need therapy, it's obviously a sea anenome! ;-)

Well maybe not..

If when I right-click on the icon, select properties,Change icon, and
take out my +3.50 glasses and squint just right I can make out, yes,
it the face of a gnu.  It has an earring dangling off its left horn
(or is that a bad 70's haircut?). 8-)

Hey, at least it's unique.

--
Richard V. Molen

Warning!!
Signature under construction, safety glasses required.

* RE: i give up, what's the EMACS icon supposed to be?
@ 2002-10-04  8:39 Dmitri.Minaev
From: Dmitri.Minaev @ 2002-10-04  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Methiks, it's supposed to be a gnu head :) Have a look at
$EMACS_DIR/etc/icons, if you've got ntemacs. There's a kitchen sink there,
too.

--
With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev

@ 2002-10-04  9:11 Victor Kirk
From: Victor Kirk @ 2002-10-04  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Methiks, it's supposed to be a gnu head :) Have a look at
> $EMACS_DIR/etc/icons, if you've got ntemacs. There's a kitchen sink there,
> too.

This seems to have disappeared with 21.*  Does this means that
emacs has gone back to the status of 'everything BUT the kitchen
sink'?

Vic
--
This message, including attachments, is intended only for the use by the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is

* RE: i give up, what's the EMACS icon supposed to be?
@ 2002-10-04 10:23 Dmitri.Minaev
From: Dmitri.Minaev @ 2002-10-04 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

No, they haven't disappeared. They are in emacs-21.X.-fullbin-i386.tar.gz,
where X is in {1,2}, at least (again, it's ntemacs).

--
With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev