all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* sdiff emacs
@ 2008-09-04 11:05 moueza
From: moueza @ 2008-09-04 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Is there a way to have kind sdiff equivalent  in emacs?

* Re: sdiff emacs
       [not found] <mailman.18401.1220526356.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-09-04 11:14 ` rustom
From: rustom @ 2008-09-04 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sep 4, 4:05 pm, moueza <mouezape...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to have kind sdiff equivalent  in emacs?
> --

maybe you want ediff?

* Re: sdiff emacs
@ 2008-09-04 20:52   ` moueza
From: moueza @ 2008-09-04 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

But I can't find topics about side-by-side with ediff
All options seem to be top-bottom

rpm13 wrote:

> On Sep 4, 4:05 pm, moueza <mouezape...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to have kind sdiff equivalent  in emacs?
>> --
>> context:http://www.nabble.com/sdiff-emacs-tp19308142p19308142.html
>
> maybe you want ediff?

* Re: sdiff emacs
@ 2008-09-04 21:26     ` Seweryn Kokot
       [not found]       ` <mailman.18463.1220563841.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Seweryn Kokot @ 2008-09-04 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

moueza <mouezapeter@gmail.com> writes:

> But I can't find topics about side-by-side with ediff
> All options seem to be top-bottom

(setq ediff-split-window-function 'split-window-horizontally)

is this what you want?

regards,
Seweryn

* Re: sdiff emacs
@ 2008-09-04 21:27       ` Thierry Volpiatto
       [not found]       ` <mailman.18463.1220563841.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2008-09-04 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Seweryn Kokot; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Seweryn Kokot <s.kokot@po.opole.pl> writes:

> moueza <mouezapeter@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> But I can't find topics about side-by-side with ediff
>> All options seem to be top-bottom
>
> (setq ediff-split-window-function 'split-window-horizontally)
>
> is this what you want?
>
> regards,
> Seweryn

You can just hit | when you are in ediff.

--
A + Thierry Volpiatto
Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France

* Re: sdiff emacs
       [not found]       ` <mailman.18463.1220563841.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-10-16  6:11         ` mouezapeter
From: mouezapeter @ 2008-10-16  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 4 sep, 23:27, Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpia...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Seweryn Kokot <s.ko...@po.opole.pl> writes:
> > moueza <mouezape...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> But I can't find topics about side-by-side with ediff
> >> All options seem to be top-bottom
>
> > (setq ediff-split-window-function 'split-window-horizontally)
>
> > is this what you want?
>
> > regards,
> > Seweryn
>
> You can just hit | when you are in ediff.
>
> --
> A + Thierry Volpiatto
> Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France

yes for |