all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* external info files after emacs upgrade
@ 2008-12-23  0:17 Mirko
       [not found] ` <mailman.3263.1230005825.26697.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Mirko @ 2008-12-23  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I am considering upgrading from 22.0 to 22.3 on windows.  I don't have
a problem with the installation procedure, but I have a question about
external packages that live in site-lisp and that have added their
info files into the info directory and corresponding entries into the
info/dir file.

Is there an automated procedure to transfer the additional info files
and info/dir entries into the new emacs?

Thank you,

Mirko

* Re: external info files after emacs upgrade
@ 2008-12-23  4:17 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found] ` <mailman.3263.1230005825.26697.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-12-23  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Mirko <mvukovic@nycap.rr.com>
> Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:17:56 -0800 (PST)
>
> Is there an automated procedure to transfer the additional info files
> and info/dir entries into the new emacs?

Copy the files, then run install-info on them to update the info/dir
file.

@ 2008-12-23  4:23   ` Mirko
From: Mirko @ 2008-12-23  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Dec 22, 11:17 pm, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > From: Mirko <mvuko...@nycap.rr.com>
> > Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:17:56 -0800 (PST)
>
> > Is there an automated procedure to transfer the additional info files
> > and info/dir entries into the new emacs?
>
> Copy the files, then run install-info on them to update the info/dir
> file.

Thanks.