all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Searching the uncommented text
@ 2005-12-18 17:56 Seung H. Choi
From: Seung H. Choi @ 2005-12-18 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

How do I search the text that are not commented? If there is such a
feature, it would really help in lots of cases.

-Seung

* Re: Searching the uncommented text
       [not found] <mailman.19767.1134928636.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-12-18 21:08 ` Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2005-12-18 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Seung H. Choi" <schoi21c+help-gnu-emacs@gmail.com> writes:
> How do I search the text that are not commented? If there is such a
> feature, it would really help in lots of cases.

M-x isearch-forward-regexp RET ^[^;]*text.* RET

That is, in lisp sources where the comments start with ';'.

For C++, you could do:

M-x isearch-forward-regexp RET ^\(/[^/]\|[^/]\)*text.* RET

neither do we. -- Georges W. Bush

* Re: Searching the uncommented text
@ 2005-12-19 20:04   ` Seung H. Choi
From: Seung H. Choi @ 2005-12-19 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, but is there a way to set a hot-key for this functionality?
For general search, ctrl+S will move the cursor to the next matching text.
If I can set up a hot key, then I would be able to search through the
code that are not comments.

-Seung