all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* JDE cannot find any of my class
@ 2010-12-31 15:16 Tyrael Tong
From: Tyrael Tong @ 2010-12-31 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi there,

I'm using Emacs 23 (CVS version) with latest JDE setup on a Mac. When I tried to use C-c C-v C-y to browse the definition of a Java class, it always say "Class XXXX not found". I searched through google and got my jde-global-classpath and jde-sourcepath set up but still get the same error. Is there anyone else suffering from similar problem? Anyone know the cause of this?

Tyrael

* Re: JDE cannot find any of my class
@ 2010-12-31 20:43 ` hazlup
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: hazlup @ 2010-12-31 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Perhaps you need to make a TAGS file?

       [not found] ` <mailman.2.1293890416.28475.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
       [not found] ` <mailman.3.1293890418.28475.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: hazlup @ 2010-12-31 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

@ 2011-01-01 14:11   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-01 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

hazlup <robjsargent@gmail.com> writes:

> Perhaps you need to make a TAGS file?

Tags allow class browsing? If they do, what tags mechanism are you using?

How is JDE? Last time I tried it was "in development" and I reverted to
Eclipse. There were some initiatives to use the Eclipse parsers to
provide Emacs with the same code analysis facilities but I dont know if
anyone actually actively uses it and so it remained more a "proof of
concept". It would be great to hear some use cases of Emacs being used
for Java development.

@ 2011-01-02  1:58   ` Tyrael Tong
From: Tyrael Tong @ 2011-01-02  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jan 1, 4:43 am, hazlup <robjsarg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps you need to make a TAGS file?
>
> Tyrael Tong wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
>
> > I'm using Emacs 23 (CVS version) with latest JDE setup on a Mac. When I
> > tried to use C-c C-v C-y to browse the definition of a Java class, it
> > always say "Class XXXX not found". I searched through google and got my
> > jde-global-classpath and jde-sourcepath set up but still get the same
> > error. Is there anyone else suffering from similar problem? Anyone know
> > the cause of this?
>
> > Tyrael
>
> --

Yes I have made TAGS file through Exuberant Ctags and I can navigate
through symbols using M-. But it's not class browsing, it'll navigate
you through each and every point where has reference to the class you
point to.
I'm trying to have a clean environment (a clean set of .emacs
and .el/.elc files) with stable version of JDE to see whether it's the
problem about conflicting with some other modes I've installed.

Tyrael