all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#3585: gdb not responding on Emacs from CVS
@ 2009-06-16  2:57 Baoqiu Cui
       [not found] ` <mailman.714.1245158249.2239.bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Baoqiu Cui @ 2009-06-16  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-emacs-bug

Hi,

I've had this problem for a while on Emacs built from CVS.  Today I
updated my Emacs directory and rebuilt everything, the problem still
exists (GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)).

Basically, after typing in ``M-x gdb'' to debug a program, say myprog, a
buffer called *gud-myprog* will appear, and it displays some info about
gdb and prints out a prompt:

  (gdb) _

Now, if I type in a command like "pwd" and press Enter, *nothing*
happens.  I have to press C-c C-c to get out:

  (gdb) pwd
    C-c C-cQuit
  (gdb)

This does not happen on Emacs 22.3.