all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs and Python
@ 2009-03-12  8:11 Byung-Hee HWANG
From: Byung-Hee HWANG @ 2009-03-12  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Personally i prefer Python to other languages as like Perl and
Ruby. Because Python's strict grammar with indenting, it gives me a
reliable codes without copy/paste. So question. Is there somebody to
like Python at here? And what is the best practice to start Python in
Emacs?

* Emacs and Python
@ 2004-02-28  1:59 Aut-Aut
From: Aut-Aut @ 2004-02-28  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use Emacs as my favourite python editor. Sometimes when i'm testing the
code (i run a python shell with C-c C-c) and an exception is thrown, if
this exception prevents the program from cleaning itself up emacs locks
up. E.g. this happens a lot when using wxPython, because when I mess with
the code and get an exception in the middle of the script, the script
stops (because the exception is unhandled) so the widgets i created are
not destroyed (they would be destroyed in the end of course) and the
python interpreter doesn't close, locking up emacs. If i run the script on
a shell, CTRL+C would do the trick... how can i prevent emacs from locking
up when unhandled exceptions are thrown?