all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#1565: 23.0.60; bug #374 is still a bug
@ 2008-12-13 22:10 Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2008-12-13 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-pretest-bug

The symptoms described in bug #374 are still the same:

All Info links respect mouse-1-click-follows-link, except those in the
header line.

All links appear the same, and they should all act the same. Links in
the header line should respect mouse-1-click-follows-link, like all
the others.

There needs to be a way to optionally prevent mouse-1 from following
all links, including those, such as these that might be implemented
as buttons.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-11-24 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'

* bug#1565: 23.0.60; bug #374 is still a bug
@ 2008-12-13 22:45 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-12-13 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: 1565

merge 1565 374
stop

Drew Adams wrote (on Sat, 13 Dec 2008 at 14:10 -0800):

> The symptoms described in bug #374 are still the same:

That report is still open. So are hundreds of others.
Please don't waste everyone's time by opening duplicate reports.

* bug#1565: 23.0.60; bug #374 is still a bug
@ 2008-12-13 23:17   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2008-12-13 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: 'Glenn Morris', 1565

> > The symptoms described in bug #374 are still the same:
>
> That report is still open. So are hundreds of others.
> Please don't waste everyone's time by opening duplicate reports.

My bad. I was searching the page after clicking "archived and unarchived
reports", and the search apparently got restarted above where the Resolved bugs
start.

Why all the bugs are on the same page, but not all are shown until you click
"archived and unarchived reports", I don't know. Searching the page initially
will not find an archived report, but after clicking that link it will. But
searching apparently always finds an Outstanding bug. Inconsistent and
confusing. It would be nice to be able to more easily search all bugs or just
some category (or categories) of bugs.

But as you say, this is not the place to discuss problems with the bug tracker.
Sorry for getting the impression that this particular bug was not open - it was
a mistake.