all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* c-mode: dynamic Keywords List
@ 2009-08-18  8:46 A. Soare
From: A. Soare @ 2009-08-18  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

The grammar of C language is LALR(1) if we leave out the typedef. At the beginning, the C language was designed to be LALR(1), but in time this characteristic was lost.

With typedef, the parsing tables changes dynamically. Is it possible to define dynamically the list of keywords, such that the new keywords be colored into the color defined by Font Lock Keyword Face ?

Envie de partager vos photos de vacances ? Voila vous offre 1 Go d’espace de stockage sur http://macle.voila.fr

* Re: c-mode: dynamic Keywords List
@ 2009-08-18 13:48 ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2009-08-18 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

"A. Soare" <alinsoar@voila.fr> writes:

> The grammar of C language is LALR(1) if we leave out the typedef. At the
> beginning, the C language was designed to be LALR(1), but in time this
> characteristic was lost.
>
> With typedef, the parsing tables changes dynamically. Is it possible to
> define dynamically the list of keywords, such that the new keywords be
> colored into the color defined by Font Lock Keyword Face ?

You want the 'ctypes.el' package, not part of core:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AddKeywords#toc4

Regards,
        Daniel

--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ daniel@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707
   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.