Thanks. I sort of feel like current-kill should time out, whether this new option is set or not, if that's possible in emacs lisp. On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > severity 2289 wishlist > thanks > > > Fix: The following one-line patch seems to work, but I'm no emacs > > hacker, so among other things, there's no configuration. It just > > saves the clipboard to the kill-ring before killing if yank would > > result in yanking the clipboard instead of the top of the kill ring. > > I use a similar patch myself. > And actually I tried to get it accepted, but it was turned down because > of the problems it introduces when the "current-kill" hangs (e.g. when > the holder of the selection is suspended). > We should add it together, conditional on some config var. > That will be for Emacs-23.2, tho. > > > Stefan >