Eli Zaretskii wrote: > I preferred to install one of the 2 patches I posted yesterday. Let's not cut the RC now, as unfortunately that patch fails spectacularly. (I didn't test it yesterday; I tested your other patch, which is obviously better.) To reproduce the problem, run emacs -Q and "C-h f car RET"; Emacs will display "Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil" instead of help. The attached patch to emacs-25 fixes the problem. It makes the code functionally equivalent to the other of the 2 patches that you posted yesterday, and is simpler. OK to install in emacs-25?