all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* The annotated example of a complete working Flymake backend leaves process buffers around
@ 2021-10-23  7:17 Rudolf Adamkovič
From: Rudolf Adamkovič @ 2021-10-23  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

I noticed that the "annotated example of a complete working Flymake backend" at

<https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/flymake.html#Backend-functions>

leaves zombie buffers around. I traced the problem down to

┌────
│ (when (eq 'exit (process-status proc)) …
└────

The backend kills the process buffer on `'exit' but not on `'signal', which happens when Flymake kills an obsolete in-progress check. I fixed the problem locally with

┌────
│ (let ((status (process-status proc)))
│   (when (or (eq status 'exit) (eq status 'signal))
│     …
└────

I think we should fix the Flymake manual as well.

Rudy
--
"'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'" -- Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com>
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia