all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* PCVS tagging
@ 2005-12-12 16:58 Ian Zimmerman
From: Ian Zimmerman @ 2005-12-12 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd like to set a CVS tag for all files in my project.  I see the 't'
command; the problem is,
it only wants to operate on marked files, and I can only mark a file
if it is displayed,
_and_ M-x cvs-examine only displays files that 'cvs -n -q up' would
print, i.e. not up to date,
unmodified files.

So, how can I tell PCVS to display _all_ files including up to date,
unmodified files?  Or else, how can I tell it to mark all files, even
those not displayed?
Or else, how can I tell it to tag all files?

--
"Political systems do not deal easily
with long term threats,

* Re: PCVS tagging
       [not found] <mailman.19001.1134409837.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-12-13  6:01 ` N. Raghavendra
From: N. Raghavendra @ 2005-12-13  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 2005-12-12T11:58:44-05:00, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> So, how can I tell PCVS to display _all_ files including up to date,
> unmodified files?

You could use `cvs-mode-status'.  In the CVS buffer, put point on the
parent directory of the files, and press the key `s' to display all
the files, and then press `m' to mark all of them.

Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu@mri.ernet.in> | See message headers for contact
Harish-Chandra Research Institute   | and OpenPGP details.

@ 2005-12-15  6:17 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2005-12-15  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'd like to set a CVS tag for all files in my project.  I see the 't'
> command; the problem is, it only wants to operate on marked files,

Does it?  If you don't mark anything, it'll apply to the element at point.
So if you place your cursor on the toplevel directory entry and hit `t' it
should tag the whole project.

* Re: PCVS tagging
@ 2005-12-15 15:29   ` nobrowser
From: nobrowser @ 2005-12-15 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, it doesn't work that way for me. (Emacs 21.3.1 on FreeBSD)
It keeps saying "`tag' is not applicable to any of the selected files"

* Re: PCVS tagging
@ 2005-12-15 20:55     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2005-12-15 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Sorry, it doesn't work that way for me. (Emacs 21.3.1 on FreeBSD)
> It keeps saying "`tag' is not applicable to any of the selected files"

When you report problems, it's a good idea to include as much information
about them as possible: the error message you get and the Emacs version are
good, but you need to also say what you did to trigger the error (and
saying "I hit `t'" is not enough, you need to say when/where).