all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#1902: 23.0.60; Tooltips show up on the wrong space.
@ 2009-01-14 17:49 Dustin Sallings
From: Dustin Sallings @ 2009-01-14 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-pretest-bug

If I move my emacs window to a different space, and then hover over
something that causes a tooltip to show, spaces shifts me to where the
window was to show me the tooltip and I have to switch back to see
emacs again.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.6.0, NS apple-appkit-949.43)
  of 2009-01-06 on neutron.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.949
configured using `configure  '--with-ns''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: nil
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: nil
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   diff-auto-refine-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
[not relevant - removed because it's company proprietary]

Recent messages:
SUBTREE
FOLDED
Auto-saving...done
Auto-saving...done
FOLDED
CHILDREN
SUBTREE
FOLDED
Auto-saving...
EMPTY ENTRY

--
Dustin Sallings

* bug#1902: 23.0.60; Tooltips show up on the wrong space.
@ 2016-01-09 23:21 ` Alan J Third
From: Alan J Third @ 2016-01-09 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Dustin Sallings; +Cc: 1902

Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net> writes:

> If I move my emacs window to a different space, and then hover over
> something that causes a tooltip to show, spaces shifts me to where the
> window was to show me the tooltip and I have to switch back to see
> emacs again.

Hi, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you about this. Are you
still seeing this behaviour?

I can't reproduce it using Emacs 25 and Yosemite. How are you moving
emacs to the other space? I'm just dragging it.
--
Alan Third

* bug#1902: 23.0.60; Tooltips show up on the wrong space.
@ 2016-01-10  6:01   ` Dustin Sallings
From: Dustin Sallings @ 2016-01-10  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Alan J Third; +Cc: 1902