Here's a patch that gives Emacs mouse functionality on a console on GNU/Linux It does single, multiple, modified clicks and drags. Of course, t-mouse does thisalready but with this patch Emacs uses a Unix socket to talk to Gpm, rather than faking events using the client program mev. I think it is worth installing for this alone but the icing on the cake would be to add mouse highlighting and mouse tracking. Of course, I can't quite get that to work, and I've spent far too much time on it now, trying to get my head around frame based glyph matrices. If there is a display expert who could give me a few hints, or even finish it, I'd be eternally grateful (well I'd say thank-you anyway!). I've been abusing x_y_to_hpos_vpos from xdisp.c for use on a text terminal, so that would be a good place to look. -- Nick http://www.inet.net.nz/~nickrob Notes 1) CVS diff against repository at Sat May 12 21:30 (+12:00) 2) To build you need libgpm and gpm.h. On Ubuntu these are in the packages gpm and gpm-dev respectively. 3) To try mouse highlighting, uncomment the call to term_mouse_highlight in term_mouse_movement in term.c.