all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* html-mode unavailable
@ 2008-08-14 19:20 Michal Blazejczyk
From: Michal Blazejczyk @ 2008-08-14 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi everyone,

I'm having a strange problem for my Emacs (version 21, on Ubuntu 7.10).

Emacs didn't come with an html-mode.

How do I get it?  I mean, a version that will be best suited for
my version of Emacs?

Best,
Michal

* html-mode unavailable (again)
@ 2008-08-26 18:41 ` Michal Blazejczyk
From: Michal Blazejczyk @ 2008-08-26 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi everyone,

I posted this message some time ago, and received no replies.
Maybe this time I'll have more luck  :-)

I'm having a strange problem with my Emacs (version 21, on Ubuntu 7.10).
My Emacs didn't come with html-mode.

How do I get it?  I mean, a version that will be best suited for
my version of Emacs?

Best,
Michal Blazejczyk

* Re: html-mode unavailable (again)
@ 2008-08-27 10:14   ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-08-27 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Blazejczyk; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Michal Blazejczyk wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I posted this message some time ago, and received no replies.
> Maybe this time I'll have more luck  :-)
>
> I'm having a strange problem with my Emacs (version 21, on Ubuntu 7.10).
> My Emacs didn't come with html-mode.
>
> How do I get it?  I mean, a version that will be best suited for
> my version of Emacs?

Maybe you did not get any replies because your Emacs is quite old now. I
myself have never actively used Emacs 21.

Have you tried looking on Emacs wiki:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/HtmlMode

Unfortunately the content of Emacs wiki is not very specific about
different versions of Emacs, but at least that may be a starting point.

However if you can upgrade your Emacs that would be the best thing.
Emacs 22.3 is currently in pretest (bug fix release) and Emacs 23 will
hopefully soon be released.

@ 2008-08-27 15:11     ` Michal Blazejczyk
From: Michal Blazejczyk @ 2008-08-27 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I posted this message some time ago, and received no replies.
>> Maybe this time I'll have more luck  :-)
>>
>> I'm having a strange problem with my Emacs (version 21, on Ubuntu 7.10).
>> My Emacs didn't come with html-mode.
>>
>> How do I get it?  I mean, a version that will be best suited for
>> my version of Emacs?

> Maybe you did not get any replies because your Emacs is quite old now. I
> myself have never actively used Emacs 21.

> Have you tried looking on Emacs wiki:

> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/HtmlMode

> Unfortunately the content of Emacs wiki is not very specific about
> different versions of Emacs, but at least that may be a starting point.

> However if you can upgrade your Emacs that would be the best thing.
> Emacs 22.3 is currently in pretest (bug fix release) and Emacs 23 will
> hopefully soon be released.

Hi Lennart,

I looked at the Emacs wiki, but the HtmlMode article doesn't contain
any link to the source code of the actual html-mode module.
That's why I posted to the list.

I will look into upgrading my Emacs.

Best,
Michal

* Re: html-mode unavailable (again)
@ 2008-08-27 15:24       ` Nikolaj Schumacher
From: Nikolaj Schumacher @ 2008-08-27 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Blazejczyk; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Michal Blazejczyk <blazej@zeszytykomiksowe.org> wrote:

> I looked at the Emacs wiki, but the HtmlMode article doesn't contain
> any link to the source code of the actual html-mode module.
> That's why I posted to the list.

That's because it's included in emacs.  If it is somehow missing in your
distribution, just download the official emacs package with the same
version and extract the files you need.

You might also find any version here:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/lisp/textmodes/?root=emacs

Please note that html-mode is included in sgml-mode.el

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher