all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tramp does not display dired buffers
@ 2006-05-18 14:57 Pawel
From: Pawel @ 2006-05-18 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo,
When I am visiting remote directories (ssh method), I get the following error (*Message* buffer):
Reading directory /ssh:remotehost:/etc/...
dired-insert-directory: Args out of range: 1, 10

According to trmp info page I think dired buffers should work in tramp:

1 An overview of TRAMP

After the installation of TRAMP into your GNU Emacs, you will be able
to access files on remote machines as though they were local.  Access
to the remote file system for editing files, version control, and
`dired' are transparently enabled.

I am using:
GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2005-02-04 on bugs.build.redhat.com

Do You have any idea what might be the problem.

Greetings