all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to get one file out of archive ?
@ 2006-03-07 15:31 Pawel
From: Pawel @ 2006-03-07 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo,
I found that there is a command `archive-copy' in arc-mode.el that is commented out. It probably was used for that purpose in the past. I wonder why this command is not present ? Is there some other option for that ?

Greetings

* how to get one file out of archive ?
@ 2006-03-17  9:45 Pawel
From: Pawel @ 2006-03-17  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo,
I found that there is a command `archive-copy' in arc-mode.el that is commented out. It probably was used for that purpose in the past. I wonder why this command is not present ? Is there some other option for that ?

Greetings

* Re: how to get one file out of archive ?
@ 2006-03-17 10:06 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-03-17 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.03.2006 um 10:45 schrieb Pawel:

> I found that there is a command `archive-copy' in arc-mode.el that
> is commented out. It probably was used for that purpose in the
> past. I wonder why this command is not present ? Is there some
> other option for that ?

Open the archive, position the cursor on the member you want to
extract, press E.

Ahh, well, of course: you should save that buffer now before you
change its contents ...

--
Greetings

   Pete